Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

5.4.07

"Google For Gardeners" Updated

"Google for Gardeners" is a Google Custom Search Engine that I've been experimenting with. What I've been doing is hand selecting websites that have content that we as gardeners are looking for. When you search Google for something you always get the most popular results first but sometimes the most popular results are websites where you can buy plants or garden products.



That's great if you're looking for buy plants or other items for you garden but not so great if you're looking for information on plant propagation or information on growing a plant or trying to diagnose a problem. So I've been hand selecting sites which are not retail based that have information that's useful to gardeners. Most of them are edus or gardening societies and a few blogs because they have actual information. As of today Google for Gardeners searches 206 websites and can be used to search for all kinds of gardening information ranging from gardening indoors to organic gardening.

If you have a suggestion for a site I should include feel free to let me know or if you want to have your gardening blog included just let me know in the comments or by sending me an e-mail. Thanks to the garden bloggers who have already sent me suggestions for inclusion. I hope that it's been useful to everyone who has been using it to search for gardening information.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 PM

    MR.BrownThumb

    I just used that search box and I think it's a good thing to have. Thanks for starting it.I've sent you an e-mail.

    CactusKyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your search engine sounds great. Have you included the blog www.gardeneryardener.blogspot.com and the website www.yardener.com?

    Jeff Ball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy & Jeff I've added your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your search box is a great idea.
    I've added it to my blog, Crafty Gardener ... In the Canadian Garden
    http://craftygardener.blogspot.com/
    and will soon add it to my website
    craftygardener.ca
    http://www.craftygardener.ca

    Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crafty Gardener.

    I like your blog and site. I just added it. I see you have a page for seed IDs. I just started a blog last night that I'm going to use to host images of seeds and seed pods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:27 PM

    I like About:Gardening.com website. It has everything you'll ever want to know and more.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.